About Cox Legal
When meeting people for the first time, people often chat about their family, their kids and their job. Of course I would answer I worked in the legal field and that I am a lawyer.
9 out of 10 times the very next question a person would ask me after I said this was “Can I ask you a question?” Of course I would always offer to help however I could. 10 out of 10 times the next sentence was “it’s nothing serious, I just need some advice and I can’t afford all those legal fees”.
For me, this highlighted 2 key things : firstly, a need for everyday people to be able to access the law easily and secondly, affordable and realistic help that people weren’t afraid to try for fear of bankruptcy! With the support of my family and friends, Cox Legal opened the doors.
Cox Legal is not a flashy office: you will not see any marble columns or fancy coffee machines. What I do have is a comfy chair for you to sit in whilst you take your time and tell me about the issue you need help with.
At Cox Legal, I provide legal advice that I would like to receive: clear, concise, understandable and realistic. Plain and simple advice. Not flashy, not fussy and certainly not forged in anyway. When I am paying for a service or product, I expect value for my money and I return the same to my clients.
At Cox Legal you only ever get advice from me, Michelle Cox. This is my office and I am very proud of my profession and the work that I do. I have worked in and around the Peel Region since 2008 and established Cox Legal in 2011.
I have worked in law firms, with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, Department of Corrective Services as Community Corrections Officer, Parole Officer and Court Advocate, Magistrates Court, as a lawyer in a local firm and now as Director of my own office.
- I handle every legal matter so you can be confident that the person you see the first time is the person who you will shake hands with at the end.
- I am not afraid to give you the hard answers and will undertake to give you the best outcome possible for your situation.
- I work with Legal Aid matters and can assist you in filing an application for financial assistance where appropriate.
- I also offer fixed fee pricing and payment plans for some ongoing matters so please feel free to ask about the pricing options. Some terms and conditions apply.
- I also offer advice appointments for a fixed fee so you know what you are up for before you even walk in the door - no nasty surprise tax invoices later in the mail!
Weekend and out of hours appointments are available as I understand how hard it is to juggle appointments when you work full time, have kids and cant schedule everything between 9 and 5. I have an extensive client base both in Western Australia and interstate and can travel to all areas, including remote and mine site locations.
So please contact the office, make an appointment and have a chat about your matter and together we will work out what to do next.