Cox Legal offers a comprehensive service in relation to all aspects of Criminal Law.
If you have been arrested by Police or requested to attend for voluntary interview, please ensure you are aware of your rights and obligations before you start. Contact my office for advice before you start as it’s always best to be prepared.
I can assist you with
- Advice on charges, likely penalties and how to represent yourself where appropriate;
- Assessment of the evidence against you;
- Representation at a trial hearing;
- Representation on plea of guilty.
The majority of my work in the local area is representing people on pleas of mitigation, which is where you plead guilty and my job is to ensure the Court understands the how and why of what happened. This is important so the Court can understand your actions and can impose a penalty in consideration thereof.
I am available for appearance in Magistrate, District and Supreme Court’s on all matters including:
- Drunkenness and disorderly conduct;
- Applications for Bail and release from custody;
- Applications for Spent Conviction(s);
- Traffic offences including drink driving, excessive speed and reckless driving, dangerous driving, careless driving, unlicensed driving; dangerous driving causing death or grievous bodily harm;
- Unregistered and defective vehicles, stolen number plates and stolen motive vehicles;
- Assaults against other persons including common assault, assault occasioning bodily harm; grievous bodily harm;
- Theft, burglary and stealing from commercial premises and private homes;
- Possession of drugs, possession with intent to sell/supply prohibited substances, manufacturing prohibited substance and all related offences;
- Weapons and firearms charges including those related to unlicensed possession, prohibited discharge and unsecured weapons, ammunition and related offences;
- Sexual offences including possession and manufacture / distribution of pornography, rape, indecent dealings;
- Department of Fisheries and Marine prosecutions;
- RSPCA matters;
- Local government and Ranger offences including destruction of animals;
- Centrelink fraud and Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecution matters;
- Claims for compensation arising from criminal injury;
Please telephone 9581 1181 to make an appointment.